Monday, January 1, 2018

New Years Resolutions/Goals

It is January 1st, 2018 and it is time for me to reflect on all everything that happened in 2017 and set goals for this year.  I don't know if I like the word Resolution.

Resolution: A firm decision to do or not to do something. (definition)

I might make a firm decision to lose weight but unless I have specific goals I find that those resolutions fail.   So I am calling them 2018 goals instead of resolutions.

My goals for this year are:
1) Continue to Grow in Christ
2) Make an effort to find someone suitable for myself (Dating)
3) Sign up for 12 races (5K).

How will I grow in Christ?
Typically I read the New Testament between Christmas and Easter (Did that for years) and then I spend the summer studying one book.  Then in the fall I will do a topical study (like prayer or spiritual gifts, fruit of the Spirit, etc.).

One of my friends at church told me that she reads one book 20 times in a row.   For example: She will read the book of James 20 times.  Then she reads the book of Galatians 20 times.  Then she read Philippians 20 times.  She told me that she has done that with most of the New Testament (Except:  Revelation, Luke and Matthew).  I think I am going to try doing this to mix things up.  She said that she has enjoyed doing that because she is able to make connections.

I am also attending a bible study on Romans through my church.  (I actually started to attend that in August~ and it has been intense but amazing).    I am considering joining a study through the New Testament using the chronological bible but I am afraid that it might be too much and will conflict with some of my other goals.

How will I find someone suitable for myself (Dating)
This one is tricky.  I can't make someone like me and I have standards for the kind of guy I am interested in finding.  What I can do is pray about it and make an effort to meet eligible guys.   Sign up for online dating websites (Plenty of Fish and Match.Com).   Check out Meetup.Com, and read books about how to navigate dating in 2018.

Sign up for 12 races (5K)
Every year I try to lose weight.   Honestly, I lost about 20 pounds in 2017 but I am nowhere near my goal weight.  I decided that I needed to focus on improving my weight loss efforts by adding more exercise.  On days I exercised, I was more likely to follow my diet plan/weight loss goals than on days I didn't exercise.   So I decided to sign up for 12 races (one each month).    There is a website called "Moon Joggers" and they have virtual races.   Basically, I signed up for a race, and they would send me a metal.  The races cost between $18-$25 each.  I only signed up for a few races (January-April) but I plan on signing up for more in a few months.

~Sunny :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...