Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Himalayan Salt Lamps

In my quest to become less anxious and find more peace I decided to purchase a Himalayan Salt Lamp.  I researched that they improve sleep, and have a calming effect.   Apparently they have negative ions and naturally clean the air of allergies and such.    I did some research and found out that many chain stores (Target, Walmart, etc.) have "fake" salt lamps which look pretty but do not have the same positive benefits of a real salt lamp made from real Himalayan Salt.

If I was going to purchase a Salt Lamp, I wanted to make sure it was going to give me all of the positive benefits possible.   In Phoenix, there is a store that only sells Himalayan Salt Items.  (Mostly lamps, but also bath salts, table salts and decorations.)

The women who owned the shop explained that her and her husband purchase huge blocks of rock salt from mines in Pakistan and hand carve each lamp before selling them in the shop.    She has something called "The Salt Room" which is a small room full of salt lamps.  Even the floor was made out of the salt rock.  Purchasing the Salt Lamp ended up being an experience!   The women was busy with another customer when I arrived so I looked around for a few minutes and sat in The Salt Room.  It was a very warm room but at the same time I felt very relaxed surrounded by the soft glow.  Here are some pictures of the shop.

           
                  Many lamps to choose from                                

After looking around the shop several times I settled on a small lamp that had more of a pink glow to it.  I thought it was prettier and would look better in my bedroom.  (pictured below)   I turn on the lamp every night around 7:00PM.   That is when I go into my bedroom to read my bible, pray, update my journal and mediate. I enjoy having it it my room.  I am not entirely sure if it helps with anxiety, but I do feel more calm when I meditate with it on.


~Sunny :D






4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. if you have anxiety please call on Jesus! i also wonder if God has convicted you abt the salt lamp? it said to draw spirit, emit negative ions, and a lot of others things. it doesn’t see like something he Christians should have and many have said that negative things started happening abruptly after brining the lamp into thier homes some i’m just wondering. God bless you! you can be free from your anxiety. know that Jesus has you! when the anxiety comes reflect in these scriptures and rebuke it in the name of Jesus!
      - “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7 NKJV

      - Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.” James 5:13

      - “And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8

      - “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.

      -And Jesus said to him, "'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23

      Delete
  2. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox and from now on when a comment is added I purchase four emails with similar comment. Is there by any means you can remove me from that service? Thanks! salt lamps from pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...