Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Technology in Dating: 9 to 9 Rule ⏰

I have recently begun being serious about dating.   I have been meeting many guys online and I have started a rule called the 9 to 9 rule.

Basically, I do not sent any texts nor do I reply to any texts before 9AM.    I do not make phone calls nor do I accept phone calls before 9AM.    On the flip side, I do not send or reply to texts after 9PM nor do I make or accept phone calls after 9PM.   I call this my 9 to 9 rule.   Between the hours of 9AM and 9PM I am open to communicating with guys when my schedule allows it.   However at 9PM the phone gets shut of.

If I am home, this is when I spend my time the the Lord and I don't need the distractions of my phone buzzing and blinking when I am trying to pray or read.   As soon as I wake up(5AM) I would turn my phone back on.⏰

Initially, I was open to talking to and texting guys during my planning time at work or on my morning commute.   However, I have learned that those are guys who were notoriously breadcrumbing me 😡🍞 and I realized how much time I wasted allowing guys to communicate with me when I could have been doing better things with my time. (Again, I am a busy girl).  Also, having my phone ring during prep time was becoming a distraction and was conflicting with my ability to plan out well thought-out and innovative lessons.

It is all about setting boundaries.  I have found that the guys who really like me don't care if I only respond to their texts during lunch or after work.  They encourage me to spend time with Jesus and turn off my phone at 9.    They understand I am not chained to my phone and respect my 9 to 9 rule.   If I find myself in a serious relationship with a guy, I will change my rule and allow more communication before 9AM but for now, it is a way for me to keep in touch with guys without losing my sanity.

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...