Saturday, July 14, 2018

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movie night.   I invited the members of my small group at church and 15 joined in the festivities.

MOVIE:
Soul Surfer.  Based on a true story.  Bethany Hamilton loses her arm while being attacked by a shark. During the movie she wrestles with herself and with God to come to terms with her new disability and eventually becomes a professional surfer.


THE FOOD:
I used recipes out of the book "Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen.".  If you enjoy Hawaiian food, I recommend this book because it has really yummy (and easy) recipes for Hawaiian food. 

Main Dish: Ahi Poke (Tuna)
Main Dish: Kalua Pig

Side:  Rice
Side: Hawaiian Macaroni Salad

Desert: Hawaiian Haupia 
Desert: Tropical Fruit salad with Ginger, Honey and Lime. 

I was also able to find Hawaiian potato chips and Soda at the oriental market.    (Shown below).


It was so much fun and an enjoyable night for all.     I can't wait to host my next event. 

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...