Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Technology in Dating: Breadcrumbs 🍞🍞

Ghosting (Previous blog) is annoying but I think the idea of bread crumbing is way worse than ghosting.

Breadcrumbing: The act of sending out flirtatious, but non-committal text messages (Bread crumbs) in order to lure someone romantically without expending much effort." 🍞🥖

I am the victim of bread crumbing by three separate guys.
The guys sought me out over Plenty of Fish.
The  guys asked for my phone number
The guys spent weeks literally wasting my time with texts, pictures, meme's and youtube videos.
                      *One even had 2 hour long phone calls with me
The guys would ask me out but never schedule a specific time and place to meet.

The purpose of bread crumbing is keeping your options open while giving minimal investment to the the people you are choosing between.   I think this is terrible. While I agree it is important to date more than one guy until you find one you really like I would never string a guy along to stroke my own ego.   That is essentially what is happening.

I am a busy woman.  I have a full time job, bible study, friends, hobbies and a life.  I don't have time to sit around and constantly validate guys who have little to no romantic interest in me.  I think breadcrumbing is one of the most selfish things you can do to another person.

The key is to spot these guys quickly which is difficult to do when you think they really like you or if you really like them.  Just remember these guys are probably communicating with multiple women the same way they are communicating with you.   Here are some RED FLAGS to watch out for when you think you are dealing with someone who is breadcrumbing you.

Does he send the following:
Pictures of himself (Selfies) with very little backstory.
Memes that have nothing to do with anything you have discussed.
Youtube Video's of songs

Does he: 
Ask for constant validation about the things he sends to you.
Does he get upset when you don't tell him how cute he is/ smart he is/funny he is, etc.

Is he wishy-washing about meeting:
Is he suddenly out of town
Busy at work
He didn't notice you texted
The old "I will let you know."

I hope that I have been able to help you navigate what it feels like to be breadcrumbed and what kind of warning signs you should be looking for.    Since this is something I have had way too much experience with (in only the first few weeks of dating) I am sure I will continue to  post more about it as I continue on my journey.

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...