Monday, January 1, 2018

Are you single because you are good at being single?

I am single.  I have established and identify as a single women in Christ.   I have read countless books, blogs and articles on the subject.   I have watched videos and listened to podcasts by Pastors about Singles.  I have even maintained a blog about being a single women.

 I know how to fill my time in Christ Honoring ways as a single woman.  Growing closer to God.  Reading my bible, praying and studying the word of God.    Learning to cook, learning to build Ikea furniture, learning how to make the perfect white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.  Growing closer bonds to other female friends, getting involved at work.

However, a friend recently asked me:

"Do you think you are single because you are good at being single?"

My friend went on to explain that maybe I am single because I have chosen to make this my identity instead of trying to find someone.  I reminisced about all the dating books I read over the years and how they explained the courtship process.   I always figured I would Mr. Right serving at a church.   I wanted this Hollywood movie style romance that was designed by God.  I read those well-intentioned books written by Christian authors and believed my love story would happen in the way those books communicated it would.

Perhaps that is what would have worked if I was still in my 20's.  However, I am a 40 year old woman and I need to begin exploring how to meet good, Godly men in my own age demographic.

I took 2017 off from dating, but I am going to make a real honest effort to change my single girl identity to one of a married women.  I understand that God is in control and I might not meet anyone in 2018~ but you never know.

Instead of avoiding opportunities to meet guys I need to put myself out there.   How does a 40 year old Godly woman meet eligible guys?  

I have begun to ask the husbands of my friends if they know any good guys.  I signed up for Plenty of Fish and Match.Com.  (Happy New Year Sunny)   I ordered books on how to date, how to set up online profiles and how to navigate online dating.  And above all else, I committed everything to prayer.

Hopefully I will find a good guy in 2018!

~Sunny :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...