Saturday, January 13, 2018

God Answers Prayers

I have been dating a guy for two weeks.  I was truly not sure what to do about him.

On one hand, I enjoyed spending time with him.  He was fun to hang out with and respected my physical boundaries.   I remember going to a party with some church friends and wishing I would have invited him to join us.

On the other hand, I had some concerns about his spiritual walk.  While I think he would have meshed with my friends I worried that he would not be able to step up and be the leader I desired.

Confused if I should continue spending time with him and potentially get more serious OR if I should end it I decided to pray about it.

I sat in my sunday school room and prayed to the Lord about what direction this relationship was supposed to go.   I explained to God that I wanted to continue seeing this guy but if God had other plans that the guy I was seeing would end the relationship because I was not strong enough to do it on my own.

5 hours later, the guy I was seeing ended the relationship via. text.

I was a little hurt but also thankful.  I was thankful things ended now before I spent more time and energy with this guy.  I am also thankful that the Lord answered my prayer so quickly.  When it comes to matters of the heart💖,  I sometimes have difficulty discerning God's will vs. my own.

"Give thanks in all circumstances~ for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. "
~1 Thessalonians 5:18

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything in his will, he hears us. and if we know that he hears us~ whatever we ask~ we know that we have what we asked of him."
~1 John 5:15

The Lord answered my prayer.  I guess this guy is not the right one for me.   I will continue to seek the Lords face as I continue on this adventure.

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...