Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Convictions and Prayer

I attend a Tuesday evening bible study. We are going through Romans.   This week we studied Romans 8:17-27.  I must admit I felt convicted when we discussed prayer.

I have always been honest that Prayer is something I struggle with.  I am very devoted to Jesus and I read my bible daily.  I enjoy studying the Bible and making connections between books.   Prayer is different, I can't wrap my mind around it and I can't understand it.  I pray but I sometimes don't know if God hears them.  This is the verse we looked at:

"We do not know what to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.  And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the Saints in accordance with God's will."  ~Romans 8:26-27

Our group leader shared 5 reasons to pray:
1) It is commanded in the Bible
2) It is considered a sin not to pray
3) Gives God Glory
4) Helps us to align our will with God's
5) God accomplishes his purpose through prayer.

Conviction.  

We began having a discussion about prayer and it's importance.  One of the girls in the class asked these questions:   What do we pray for?   What should we pray for?

We had a long discussion about what kind of things we should pray for:  People to accept Jesus, missionaries, to grow closer to God, for discernment in situations, for sick people, for Gods will in our lives.   Then we talked about what we really pray for: Marriage, kids, financial stability, jobs, and other such things.

Conviction.


Another friend said: "God answers prayers perfectly, wisely, lovingly, soberingly with his resources."

~Sunny :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...