Saturday, August 12, 2017

Fusion

Fusion is when two things are mixed together to create a new thing.   I recently attended a Mexican-Chinese fusion restaurant.  It was delicious.

While eating at the fusion restaurant, I began to ponder the word of God.

John 10:10 "I have come that they may have abundant life"
John 16:33 "In this life you will have trouble.

Two conflicting ideas are mixed together. (a fusion if you will).  πŸ˜‰

When I think of abundance I think of: blessing, health, wealth, protection, love, life filled with purpose.  I think everyone wants those things.  I want the blessings of God.   However, God also promises that we will have trouble.   We live in a fallen world, there will be sin, disappointments, heartbreak.


How do we reconcile the disappointments in life when we desire the abundance?

In the movie inside out, the main character Joy is very similar to us humans.  She wants to be happy all of the time.  She wants all the good things that come from life and tries her best to block sadness.  However, at the end of the movie she realizes :

 "The only way to appreciate joy is to experience sadness."

God uses trouble, heartbreak, and sadness to grow us.   We learn more about his character, his compassion, his love.   During our darkest moments we become more dedicated to God.   We learn how to be fulfilled by his love.  We learn how to persevere.

God uses those difficult experiences to draw us closer to him.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds.  Because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." ~James 1:2-4

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...