Monday, July 3, 2017

Scripture Writing

In June I took a challenge of writing a scripture everyday for 30 days.  I choose the topic of anxiety and fear.  Every verse I copied was about how we should not be afraid of anything because we belong to God.   Some of the verses I copied were:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.  Take my yolk upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls~ for my yolk is easy and my burden is light. " ~Matthew 11:28-30.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 4:6-7.

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall."
~Psalm 55:22



And the list can go on and on.  Many of the verses I had memorized.    Did writing these verses help with my anxiety and fear?  Honestly, I don't know.  Some days I had a very hard heart and a negative attitude as I copied the verse but I still diligently copied everyday.   Other days I joyfully copied the verses.   I decided to do another 30 days of Scripture writing.  This time I choose the topic of patience and perseverance.   I did not create this list (nor did I create last months list).  I have attached it below so you can join me in writing 30 days of scripture.

~Sunny :D








No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...