Saturday, April 8, 2017

Title: TBA

Usually my blogs have witty titles, but I just can't seem to think of a good one of this one so for now the blog is titled TBA: To be announced.

Anyway, I am taking a year off from dating and so far it has been quite enjoyable.  I am spending my time growing intimacy with God and enjoying my own life~ every minute of it.  I am beginning to notice the blessings from God and all of the creativity of the creator.  When I start to get upset that I am spending another Friday night alone, I instantly remember that I can get though this year. What is one year in light of eternity?

I started today off by taking my dog to the dog park.  It was beautiful weather outside and I loved to watch him run around and play with other dogs.  After we returned, I decided to make the entire day memorable.   I got dressed, did my hair and makeup and put on perfume.   My first stop was Barns and Noble.   I could spend hours at Barns and Noble looking at all the books and just enjoying the all the people in the cafe.  I flipped through some scrapbook magazines while sipping a chai.   I browsed the christian life section and was surprised how many books it offered.  I purchased: "Love Does" by Bob Goff for a friend who lives in Australia.   I also purchased "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young.  A friend of mine suggested that I would enjoy that book to read over the summer.    I guess it is a movie now (!?!?!?)

After I left Barns and Noble I stopped at the local movie theater.  Beauty and the Beast was going to start in 10 minutes and I purchased a ticket.  I highly recommend this movie if you are looking for nostalgia and good entertainment.  I LOVED watching it.  Yes.  I sat by myself but I was so immersed in the movie I did not notice or care that I was alone.

My roommate had family in town for the NCAA so I wanted to stay out of the house a little longer and I decided to grab some dinner at a local sandwich shop. I have never eaten here before and was excited to try something new.  I ordered something called a "Symphony".  It was a turkey sandwich with mayo, avocado and cream cheese.  Yummy!  The sub shop was empty as I spent some time writing a letter to my friend from Australia to accompany the book I purchased.

I might have spent the whole day alone, but it was a wonderful day!

~Sunny :D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...