Sunday, April 2, 2017

Morning Routine

I typically arrive to work around 6:00 AM.  I am not required to be there until 7:15 but I like to arrive early for three reasons:

1) I am a morning person by nature
2) I beat morning rush hour traffic
3) That is the only time my classroom is quiet all day. 

I would usually arrive to work and immediately start to put grades into the electric grade book, write lesson plans, check e-mail, create manipulatives or do some other work related task.  In an attempt to create some healthy work boundaries, I decided to STOP doing work related items until 7:15AM. At exactly 7:15, I begin my work day.  

This gives me an hour and 15 minutes to fill everyday at work.    I begin by praying and I put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18).  I printed out a picture and taped it inside the front of my lesson plan book to help me focus my prayer.  (Picture at bottom of this blog post). I ask for forgiveness of my sins and praise God for various things.  I pray my requests during this time as well. 

After my prayer time I would read a few chapters in my bible~ Usually 3-4 each day. Once I was done with my reading,  I would listen to worship music or journal until 7:15.  

In an attempt to take control of my health I decided to join a gym located near my school.   I figured if I get up 30 minutes early (4:30AM) I can get in a gym workout and still arrive to school by 6:15-6:30.  This will still give me plenty of time to get my prayer and reading in before the 7:15 bell rang. 

Why do I hit the gym before work?   I want to get home before I hit rush hour traffic AND then I will know my workout is done for the day and I won't have to worry about it after a long day of teaching. 

What is your morning routine?





Pray it every morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...