Sunday, November 20, 2016

Holy Spirit~ Part 2

Where did the Holy Spirit come from?  When I was young in my walk with the Lord I always believed that the Holy Spirit did not exist until Pentecost.   While doing my studying I was wrong.  In this blog post we will learn where the Holy Spirit came from and what some of His roles were.

Creator
Genesis 1:1-2In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.  Now the earth was formless and empty darkness was over the surface of the deep and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
The Holy Spirit was with the Father from the very beginning.   He had an integral role in the creation of the world.

He forms us
Job 33:4The spirit of God has made me; the breath of the almighty gives me life.”

Regeneration
Ezekiel 36:26-27I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you.  And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees & be careful to keep my laws.”
Regeneration simply means a new heart, a new beginning, a clean slate.

Gives us truth to speak
Micah 3:8But for me, I am filled with the power with the Spirit of the Lord and with justice and might to declare to Jacob his transgressions to Israel his son.”

Divine instrument of revelation and inspiration.
2 Sam 23:2 The spirit of the Lord spoke through me, his word was on my tongue.”

Was essential to scripture
2 Peter 1:20-21Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of scripture came about by the prophets own interpretation- for prophecy never had it’s origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit
Holy Spirit is the divine author and originator of scriptures.

A Helper for Jesus
Matthew 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water.  At that moment, heaven was opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like dove and lightning on him.”

As you can see, the Holy Spirit has many roles in our lives.   If you still have questions about Pentecost, keep reading because we will be exploring Acts 2 in the following Blog

~Sunny :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...