Saturday, November 1, 2014

Yoke (Part 2)



The bible speaks about Yoke.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
~Matthew 11:28-30

                  In the previous blog I wrote about how we are not supposed to be yoked with non-believers.  Now I am talking about the yoke of fellowship we have with Jesus.    The scripture I quoted above is written in red, therefore it is the words of Jesus.  The yoke of Jesus can be a symbol of a wooden yoke.  A wooden yoke is a yoke of submission.  When we submit to Christ, we are freed from the bondage of sin.   We are able to dwell in the peace and love that a right relationship with Jesus give us.   What a beautiful image~ rest for the soul. 

“This is what the Lord says: You have broken a wooden yoke, but in its place you will get a yoke of Iron.”
~Jeremiah 28:13

                  People who are unbelievers or who reject the gift of Christ are still wearing a yoke.  Their yoke is not a wooden yoke of submission, but rather a yoke of iron.   An iron yoke is the yoke of slavery.   They are slaves to sin and bondage.

“Jesus replied: I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.  Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.  So if the Son set you free, you are free indeed.”
~John 8: 34-36

                  “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of Slavery.”
~Galatians 5:1

                  Don’t be stuck in the bondage of sin (iron yoke).. Take up the yoke of submission and be submissive to GOD and his word.

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...