Sunday, May 11, 2014

Anxiety


I am searching for a new job.  In my heart I believe that GOD wants me to leave the school I am currently teaching at and move to a new school.              I love my students and I like the other teachers in my building but things between my principal and I have gotten increasingly worse.   We are like oil and vinegar~ we don’t mix.
            I had a promising interview on Wednesday and I was supposed to hear back from the principal on Friday.  He promised to call me even if I didn’t get the job.  I waited and waiting and the phone never rang.   I suspect I did not get the job~ or perhaps I am his second choice and he is waiting to hear back from his first choice.
            I cried.  I worried.  I was filled with incredible anxiety.  I was filled with fear that I would have to stay somewhere that makes me unhappy.    Right now there are NO good positions available in my district other than the one I interviewed at.  I sat there crying for almost two hours thinking up all of the worst-case scenarios I could possibly think up.  I continued to spiral into deeper and deeper depression as I determined that my career was over; therefore my life was not worth living either.

In short~ I forgot who I belong to.

I am a child of the one true King!    How quickly I forgot the promises of GOD:

“The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged”
~Deuteronomy 7:8

“If GOD is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all- how will he not also, along with him graciously give us all things?”
~Romans 8:31-32

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?”
~Matthew 6:25-26

            How silly my anxiety seems when it’s compared to the glory of the King!  How short my life is on earth?  GOD has always provided a job for me.    He promises to go before me and make a way for me.   I should not be discouraged because the GOD of the universe calls me beloved and will help me in my time of need.   I don’t need to be afraid or discouraged.    Instead of getting upset that I didn’t get this job I need to rest in GOD’s grace that I did not get that job because there is something better coming up!  He knows what is best for me and I need to lean on HIS throne and find my peace!

~Sunny :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...