Sunday, May 11, 2014

Great Compromise


I have several unmarried friends who are playing with fire when it comes to dating.  They are Christian women and they are compromising their beliefs and devaluating their walk with Christ.   I am going to call this the great compromise.  Women desire marriage and will settle for less than GOD has planned.  The words in purple are actual things that have been said by friends of mine. 

GREAT Compromise #1:  The married man.

 He is still technically married, BUT he and his wife have not lived together in 4 years and she lives in a different state.”

He is married BUT his wife and him are having trouble.  He and I both feel this chemistry.  I am praying for him to leave his wife.”

            SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?  GOD does not want you anywhere near a married man.  This is a very bad idea ladies!  It does not matter how cute he is, he is MARRIED.. so he is off limits!  I limit my interactions with married men and I typically prefer the company of their wives.   Married men are BROTHERS in Christ.   That’s the end!  GOD does not want you to pray that a marriage ends because of your weird affair with some woman’s husband.   If a married man is flirting or show you attention, RUN.. That’s a red flag!


GREAT Compromise #2:  The guy who is not an equal

He is currently unemployed, BUT he treats me so good.”

I know I have a PhD, BUT he works really hard with his job at Friday’s and he would like to go back to school someday

            I often get called an “Elitist” because I desire to marry a guy who has the same level of education and pay I do.   I must admit I am a teacher so it’s not like I am making 6 figures here, but I struggle to find a guy who offers the same things I do.   I understand why these ladies compromise.  They don’t want to be alone and would rather settle than take the chance of staying single.   I must admit I have done the same thing in the past, and I have found it never works out.   It’s hard to respect a guy who does not have the same level of education you have.  It’s hard to respect a guy who does not make the same amount of money you do.    Instead of feeling blessed by the relationship, it will feel like a burden because you will spend your days picking up the slack of someone who is not your equal.

GREAT Compromise #3: He’s not a Christian

He is not a Christian BUT he is willing to go to church with me.  Maybe GOD wants me to bring him to the Lord.”

There are no Christian guys out there and this one at least has some things in common with me

  The bible is very clear when it warns us to stay away from non-believers. You know that verse about being unequally yoked.  (2 Corinthians 6:14)  What does righteousness and wickedness have in common?   I have seen many women date men who are not Christians in hopes of helping the man become saved, but often the man leads the women into doing things that are not very Christ-like and the women is left in a pile of sorrow and regrets.                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                                Ladies, we need to learn to wait on GOD to bring us the perfect man!

~Sunny :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...