Sunday, April 13, 2014

A New Season


If you have been a regular reader of my blog you will know that I have had difficulty in my job this year.
            This is my 14th year of teaching and I can say with full confidence that this has been the worst year ever.    My boss is very critical and demanding.    I am a very hard worker and I give 110 % everyday and yet I feel like my boss is constantly raising the bar just above what I am able to reach.   She rips me apart during my evaluations.   She nit-picks the way I keep my lesson book, my seating charts, and the way I word my objectives every time she enters my room.   She gets angry when I can’t attend after school events because of my religious obligations.  (Which I am NOT contractually required to do).   I feel abused.
            She has literally BEGGED me to stay at her school.  She tells me I am one of the best teachers she has ever had and all I can do is sit back and say: “Really?“  I am literally working myself into the ground for this women with zero appreciation.   How can I possibly be one of the best?

I am surrendering the white flag.

            I adore my students and I enjoy my co-workers but working with our principal has become impossible for me.   If I had a different principal, a more reasonable principal I would probably stay at that school until I retired.  I have learned that GOD will make a situation bad for us so we will find the courage to leave and enter into his will.   I have a peace about my decision to leave.  I know I need to go and I am praying and hoping that GOD will open the right doors.

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...