Sunday, February 9, 2014

Ouch! GOD that HURTS!!!!



Right now I am in a “waiting” stage.  I truly feel like GOD is preparing me for something amazing.   This stage is not just a waiting stage.  I am being pruned. 

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.   Remain in me, as I remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.” ~John 15: 1-2 & 4.

            I am not going to lie; being pruned kind of sucks.    I understand the purpose of it.  I am growing.  I am learning to depend more on GOD.  I am learning to trust him.  I have to completely surrender my plans on the alter before GOD and allow him to lead me into the next chapter of my life.    I understand this season is a season of being “tested”.    This is difficult.  Satan spews his lies into my ears all of hours of the day.    I keep finding myself standing at the fork in the road between two choices.  One that honors GOD and one that does not.   I have to submit my heartache to my loving GOD.  I have to hold onto the promises found in the bible.  I need to be in constant communication with my GOD just to feel like I can get through each day. 

I feel broken. I feel desperate for my heavenly father. 

I know he is here and he is helping me during this difficult time.   The bible promises that GOD draws near the brokenhearted (Psalm 34).     I understand that pruning is necessary because my loving GOD sees the potential for greatness in me. 

How much longer with the testing continue?   Until I pass the test I suppose.

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let Perseverance finish it’s work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” ~ James 1: 2-4

~Sunny :D    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...