Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Morning After


After my deep cry session with GOD the night before I felt mentally beat up the next morning.  (See 1 Kings 19:4 Post).   Than I began to wonder, what did GOD do with Elijah after he asked to die?

“I have had enough LORD” he said.  “Take my life;  I am not better than my ancestors.  Then he lay down under the tree and fell asleep.  All at once an angel touched him and said “Get up and eat.”.   He looked around, and there by his head was a cake of bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water.  He ate and drank and then lay down again.  The Angel of the LORD came back a second time and touched him and said “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you.”  So he got up and ate and drank.  Strengthened by that food, he traveled for 40 days and 40 nights until he reached Herob.  The mountain of GOD.  There he went into a cave and spent the night.”  (1 Kings 19:4-9)

GOD provided rest and sustenance for Elijah.    I am weary from the trials I am facing in my life right now and GOD is giving me the rest and sustenance I need.   He is my strength during this very difficult time.   I don’t understand why I am facing the multiple trials I am,  all I can do is look up to heaven and thank the LORD for sustaining me. 

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.   Perseverance must finish it’s work so that you any be mature and complete, not lacing anything.”
(James 1:2-4)

“He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled”
(2 Thessalonians 1:6)

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...