Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Guard you Heart


I was perplexed with some questions about my life and a trusted friend told me to “follow my heart”.  I know this might sound like good advice but it got me thinking.

My heart is fickle.  I love my Savior and I love coffee.   My heart is deceptive and does not always know what is best for me.  I think about King David who “Followed his heart” when he slept with Bathsheba.   I don’t think the idea of following my heart is a good idea.

What the bible tells me to do is GUARD the heart.

“Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life”
~Proverbs 4:23

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to GOD and the peace of GOD which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”
~Philippians 4:6-7




~Sunny :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...