Saturday, August 5, 2017

Single in the Summer~ Cleaning

I think there might be something therapeutic about having a clean living environment.   I love coming home from work to a clean apartment.  I am a tidy person and fortunately, so is my roommate.  I do a weekly routine, however twice a year I power-clean my apartment.  I usually do this in the summer and during winter vacation.


Power-Clean
1) I wipe all of the dust and dirt on the blinds.  Wash curtains (if applicable)
2) I use windex to clean every window.
3) I clean around the windows~ in the nooks and crannies of the frame and the corners.
4) I clean out kitchen cabinets, and throw away expired food.
5) I clean the oven, microwave, and refrigerator.  (Both inside and out).
6) Dust ceiling fans, air vents and in locations I can't reach.
7) I spray down and scrub/clean any furniture that is outside of the apartment.
8) I scrub the concrete outside of my apartment and spray it down.
9) clean out and reorganize bedroom and hallway closets.
10) Move furniture and vacuum under it.
11) Get couches and carpet professionally steam cleaned.
12) Scrub floors and baseboards.
13) Clean and organize bedroom drawers.
14) Clean both sides of all of the doors.
15) Donate or sell items that I no longer want but are worth something.
16) Toss items that I no longer want and are not worth anything.
17) This year I scrubbed the grout from between the floor tiles (my previous apartment had wood flooring).

I love to declutter my life.  When I get rid of old items, it makes me feel like some of the negative emotions attached to them are also going away.    Organizing a drawer or closet will make me feel like I am in control of something in my life.    It is like bringing order to the chaos around me.  I feel accomplished that I was able to achieve something.   After the apartment looks perfect, I light a few candles, order some take out and watch some Netflix.

~Sunny :D





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...