Thursday, June 19, 2014

Turtle Shells


I was walking around Macy’s the other day and I saw a necklace of a turtle that had the word “Freedom” written on it.    I spent the next 20 minutes thinking about that necklace and what Turtle’s had to do with freedom.

            Turtle shells are hard and are meant to protect the turtle.  When turtles become afraid; they pull their heads, arms and feet inside of the shell.   Humans kind of do the same thing.

            We don’t have literal shells but we often stay in our “comfort” zones.    Are you afraid to share your faith with a friend?   Are you afraid to reach out to others?  Are you worried about what others will think of you?   Do you fear you are not good enough?   Satan wants us to stay inside of these shells.  He wants us to stay hidden but GOD wants something else.

            The LORD wants us to live boldly for him.    When the LORD leads you to do something, you have to do it.  I know that this is scary.  It can be terrifying to go outside of our comfort zone, outside of our shells.  You must trust GOD.    Did you know the words: “Do not be afraid” can be found in the bible 365 different times.   GOD knows we are afraid to live courageously for him but his word is telling us to trust him.    “So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your GOD.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
~Isaiah 41:10.    “Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for GOD is our refuge.” ~Psalm 62:8

            Taking that first step of faith is difficult but you have to believe that our GOD is very big and loves you and is worthy of our trust.   Fearlessly go about the work of the LORD and he will bless you.   This is where freedom is found.  “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by the yoke of slavery.” ~Galatians 5:1.  The yoke of slavery can be the fears you have about trusting the LORD and taking the leaps of faith he requires.  But the LORD is telling us to stand firm (live boldly).   “Who the son sets free, is free indeed!” ~John 8:36

After you take the steps of faith, after you trust the LORD, once you leave your “shell” you will find your freedom! 


~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...