Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Daily Sufficient Grace

    I have been getting into the practice of improving my prayer life.  I am learning to lay my requests at the feet of Jesus every morning.   “In the morning, O LORD you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.” ~Psalm 5:3.


            I have been praying out to GOD to reveal his will for a situation that I hold very near and dear to my heart.   I want an answer.  I want to know the future.  I want to know how everything will all turn out.  I become a spoiled child and tell GOD that I don’t want to do what he is asking me to do unless I know how it will turn out.  I prayed about this situation and GOD spoke: “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of it’s own”. ~Matthew 6:34.

            I don’t know how this situation will end.  I am scared, I am afraid.  I don’t want to risk the things the LORD is asking me to risk.    However, this is where TRUST is found.   “Trust in the LORD and lean not on your own understanding, in all ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths.” ~ Proverbs 3: 5-6.

            I continued to prod GOD and ask him to just give me the answer I crave so it will satisfy my curious mind.   I told him that I was feeling anxious and needed to know the answers.    The LORD said: “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9.

I realized I am trying to hurry GOD along.  I am trying to force an answer instead of waiting for his timing.  I even told GOD a “NO” would be ok just as long as I get an answer so I know how to handle this situation.   This is not how GOD works.  He wants us to wait on him.   He wants us to trust him!

I guess I will continue to follow the leading of the LORD and take things “One day at a time!”

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...