Saturday, February 22, 2014

Obligatory Valentine's Day Post



What is LOVE?   This is a topic that has eluded me since I was a young girl.  I don’t understand it.   It seems so complicated and so simple at the same time.  Love seemed so elusive to me. We all want to experience love and society tells us that love can only be found in romantic relationships.  Media such as TV, movies and music all convey the same notions.  Love= Romance and Romance=Love.   Does this mean single people are unloved?

 I spent Valentine’s Day alone and decided I wanted to find out how GOD viewed love.   I went to a park with a cup of coffee and opened my bible and found the answers I sought.

GOD IS LOVE:
“So we have come to know and believe the love that GOD has for us.  GOD is love, and whoever abides in love abides in GOD, and GOD abides in him. ~ 1 John 4:16

GOD LOVES US:
“For GOD so loved the world that he sent his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” ~ John 3:16
“By this we know love, that HE (Jesus) laid down his life for us.” ~ 1 John 3:16

GOD WON’T FORGET ABOUT YOU:
“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?  Though she may forget, I will not forget you!  See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands” ~ Isaiah 31:15-16

If you have not accepted Christ, I am going to encourage you to do so.  GOD LOVES YOU and he desires a relationship with you, but that relationship can only be achieved though Christ.  Turn away from sin and find the promises of LOVE that GOD has for you.  Here are more promises from Scripture.

GOD’s LOVE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE:
“Who can separate us from the love of CHRIST” ~ Romans 8:35
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will ever separate us from the love of GOD that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” ~Romans 8:38-39    

GOD’s LOVE SURROUNDS YOU:
“Have power together with the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.  And to know that love surpasses knowledge- may you be filled to the measure of all the fullness of GOD.” ~ Ephesians 3:18-19
“Your love, oh LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies” ~Psalm 36:5


GOD’s LOVE IS EVERLASTING:
 “The LORD appeared to us in the past saying: I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness.” ~ Jeremiah 31:3

GOD’s LOVE IS UNFAILING:
“Turn O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.” ~ Psalm 6:4
“I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.” ~ Psalm 13:5


GOD is LOVE and to understand what love is, you must understand who GOD is.   Please open your bibles and find those promises waiting for you in his word.

~Sunny :D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...