Sunday, January 12, 2014

Serving brings JOY!

      Many of my New Year's resolutions were about serving others.   I was going to open my home up and invite my members of my church family over to dinner every month.   I was going to write an encouraging note to two co-workers every week and leave a treat in their mailbox.   I was going to make the note and treat anonymous.

NOTES:
      I wrote two encouraging notes and left two treats in teacher's mailboxes.   I happened to be in the workroom (Where the mailboxes are located) when one of the teachers received her surprise.  She read the note and began to cry.   She said it was beautifully written and it was exactly what she needed to hear.   Both teachers wrote an e-mail out to the whole school thanking the "anonymous" giver.   I heard through the grapevine that both of those teachers had a little more pep in their step.

        I found out that doing this for my co-workers has made me more like Jesus because I am able to see these people how GOD sees them.  None of my co-workers know the notes and treats were from me (and I am going to work hard to keep it that way).. But knowing how my kind words and actions made such an impact on two people's days really brought me joy.

DINNER:
      I invited an older couple over to my house for dinner.  I made turkey, roasted squash and lemon green beans.   This older couple is kind of like parents away from home for me, and I was very excited to have them over.   The couple brought homemade cranberry bars and a few dog treats for my dog.   We enjoyed a nice meal together and enjoyed each other's company for several hours.

      This was a huge blessing to all of us.   It gave me an opportunity to get to know two members of my church that I respect.  It gave them the opportunity to be "served" by me and enjoy my company as well.

     Serving the LORD truly brings joy!   I will continue to do my best to serve him and honor him to the best of my ability.

~Sunny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...