Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I am SO THANKFUL


            Upon asking one of my students “What does it mean to be thankful” they expressed that being thankful meant to be glad you have something or someone in your life.   I found this to be a very good definition.
            In the past I have participated in the 30’s days of thanks on facebook.   This year I decided not to post things that I was thankful for, so here is my list!

The things I am thankful for

I am thankful for GOD’s love.  It comforts me during the storms of life.

I am thankful for GOD’s word.  It helps me navigate my life.

I am thankful for my job.  Even thought it is frustrating at times, it allows me to pay my bills

I am thankful for my apartment.  It is cozy, warm and inviting. 

I am thankful for my pug.  He is a loyal companion and a listening ear.

I am thankful for my friends.  I have some of the MOST amazing friends who are always there for me during good times and bad.  

I am thankful for my family.   Even if they live far away, I do appreciate having them in my life.

I am thankful for the experiences I have had this year.  I have been richly blessed and I have had opportunities to do some amazing things.

I am thankful for my church and all of the friendships I have formed while attending.

I am thankful I am strong.  Not physical strong, but mentally/emotionally strong.  I have overcome some very difficult things in my life and I am grateful that GOD had the foresight to make me a little stronger than most women.

I am thankful that I am patient.  I am not always patient with GOD, but I have the patience of mother Teresa with my students and I am VERY thankful for that.

 I am thankful for my education.  I am the first (and only) in my family with a college degree.

I am thankful for the mentors, teachers and professors who have helped me to become the woman I am today.

 I am thankful for my energy level.  I need it to keep up with my students.

 I am thankful for my compassionate heart.

I am thankful that I know who I am in Christ and I am not afraid to be myself.

I am thankful for Coffee~ Seriously don’t know how I lived without it for 20 years.

 I am thankful for my vehicle.  It might be an eyesore, but it starts every morning when I turn the key so I am ok with that.

 I am thankful for my confidence. 

 I am thankful for my talents in music and how I am able to serve GOD with them.

I am thankful for scrapbooking.  I find great joy in scrapbooking and I enjoy looking at the pictures of my past and remembering good times.

I am thankful for technology.  Computers, Iphones and Ipods all make my life much easier.

 I am thankful for my heart.   I am kind, and gentle and nurturing.

I am thankful for my students~ They are creative and always make me laugh.

I am thankful for my co-workers.  They help to keep me calm when I am close to losing my patience with my boss or my students.

I am thankful for my laugh~ I have been told it’s cute.

I am thankful for my smile~ It is really my best feature and I know I can “light up a room” with my smile.

 I am thankful for GOD’s provisions of my needs: Clothes, food, shelter.

 I am thankful for this life I did not deserve.


I am richly blessed.  I know it’s easy to play the comparison game and wonder why my life is NOT where I thought it would be.   Sometimes I forget I need to follow GOD’s plan and not mine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner & A Movie: Hawaiian

I have the gift of hospitality.  I enjoy opening up my home and inviting people over.   One of my summer goals was to Host a Dinner and Movi...